I was actually gonna write a blog post about how I wish someone would nicely ask me to be their Valentine and how I miss being asked - but Jayson beat me to it! Yesterday night, he pulled a movie scene move. It went like this:
So I'm chillin' on my bed trying to see what's up with my waitlisted classes, and all of a sudden I hear random clacks on my window. After like the 5th one, I was like "Oh my God, is this really happening?" Then I opened my window and there it was: a lit up heart and Jayson standing outside. [I tried to get my window to open all the way but I had trouble, so Jayson actually came up to help me, but we acted like that part never happened, LOL] So there he was outside, with a big ass sign saying "Be My Valentine" right next to the lit-up heart (there were bystanders who were curious to see what would happen next.) Then, he climbed on top of a ladder he placed right below my window and gave me more goodies and then we kissed, yay! It was so cute. And cold. LOL.Anywho, I posted a pic up on IG about his nice romantic gesture... I got the usual "Aww so sweeet, and Awww I'm so jealous" comments, but then I got a few comments that made me feel bad. Some girls wrote comments about how their man never even asked them to be their Valentine, or how Jayson made their bf look bad and such and such. Now, how would you feel if you were the bfs of these girls? I'd feel damn hurt. And I don't want the bfs of these girls to feel like they have to do something sweet now as if slightly forced instead of doing it from the heart.
AND ALSO: On Fb, it bothered me that my aunt felt the need to state that Pete "beat" Jayson in being sweet (Lord knows what Pete did to ask her to be his Valentine.) Who fucking cares? This ain't a competition. I don't want people to feel like they have to outdo Jayson in romantic gestures, plus, I feel like Pete only did something super sweet 'cuz he saw what Jayson was doing for me. Guys just need to be themselves and if their girl can't accept the way they are, then that's their problem! Jayson himself is just naturally a romantic sap. Some guys aren't. But as long as they show signs of love and affection from the heart, then who cares about all these romantic gestures! And I also don't want Jayson to eventually be the guy who feels the need to be the best in romanticism and "beat" other guys' efforts and do these gestures as more of a "show" rather than a pure act of love.
I understand that girls hate it when men are not sweet enough, but trust me, you wouldn't want a man who is overly sweet, especially if most of the sweet things he does is only to prove something and is not heartfelt.
I think Jayson has the right amount of sweetness, though there are some times when he can be super corny, lol. Either way, I love him for his personality and I wouldn't want him to change - unless it's for the better. That's why he's my Valentine forever and I'm his. OR ELSE I'LL KILL A BITCH.
No comments:
Post a Comment