Friday, January 24, 2014

Like Father, Like Son.

For a while now, I told myself I'd distant myself away from my brother. He's a guy who shows no respect or companion for anyone else besides himself and Lovely (psh, I bet he disrespects her a lot like he did with all his other girlfriends before.) As he gets older, he's still stuck in a child's mindset. He's living the life of a prince at home and has NO SENSE of responsibility or priority. He fails to pay his loans and other finances yet has all the money in the world to spend on his stupid girlfriend. He also can't keep up with simple household chores and plays games all day long, if he's not at work. Either that, or he's out with Lovely. And most of all, when it comes to his family members asking him for small favors, he's QUICK to complain.

Like this morning, my dad - who failed to do my oil change yesterday - asked JP instead to accompany me to get an oil change today. You know what my stupid brother said?
"WHAT. Let Carla do it. She knows how. She's just being LAZY."
"And you know what she keeps telling me? That it's her car now. So let her take responsibility for it."

Well motherfucker. First off, I DON'T KNOW how to get an oil change because I'VE NEVER GOTTEN ONE BEFORE. Why the fuck was he assuming I knew how the process went. Second, I WASN'T BEING LAZY. I was gonna go do it myself because my dad has been loafing for the longest. I even asked Jayson to accompany me. BUT NO, my dad insisted he do it himself.... so be it! Was it MY fault then that my dad was the one who became too lazy to get the oil change?

Third. I've been taking care of that damn Integra since before I started claiming it was mine. I was the one who insisted on getting it fixed while JP was still in Texas. I was the one who had to go through all the bullshit that car put me through like having no a.c., not starting up properly, ETC. The list goes fucking on and on and on. Why the fuck is he being salty 'cuz I claim that car is mine now. He can barely pay for his own car, and never even finished paying off the Teggy. And not once did he bother to help out with the Teggy since it started having major problems. So guess what? Since I'M the main driver, and the one who has to deal with a death trap of a car & putting my life at risk for driving it, AND the one who's already taken responsibility for it since it started having major problems....  IT'S MY FUCKING CAR.

...But all I asked was for a small favor. All I get in return? A lazy father and unnecessary insults from my brother.

The two men in my life who are supposed to care about the welfare and safety of their family members DO NOTHING to ensure either.

Like father, like son.

No comments:

Post a Comment